RICS Level 1 -
This entry level of service includes a basic visual inspection of the building, its services and grounds than that of the Level 1 & 2. Concealed areas normally opened or used by the occupiers are inspected if it is safe to do so (typical examples include roof spaces, basements and cellars). The report objectively describes the construction and condition of the different elements. At this level, the report does not include advice about repairs and any ongoing maintenance issues.
What can you expect to be included within your report
A summary of each element
The summary includes an overview of the construction of each element and the current condition.
Recommendations for further investigation will be made where defects are identified.
High definition photos
Within each report, HD images are included to help you understand any defects identified within the report.
The RICS Home Survey – Level 1 service includes:
• a physical inspection of the property (see The inspection below) and
• a report based on the inspection (see The report below).
Our surveyors who provide the RICS Home Survey – Level 1 service aim to:
• describe the part or element in enough detail so that it can be properly identified
• provide a clear and concise expression of the surveyor’s professional assessment of each part or element
• describe the condition of the part or element that justifies the surveyor’s assessment and
• help you gain an objective view of the condition of the property.
Discover more with a RICS Level 1 Home survey
Buying a home is one of the most expensive purchases most of us will make. Getting A RICS Level 1 – Home Survey report produced for your new home will help to ensure that the purchase is the right one.
We always recommend getting a professional’s opinion on the condition of any property before committing to a purchase. A RICS Level 1 Home Survey is a small price to pay for peace of mind.