RICS Level 3 -
This comprehensive level of service includes a more extensive visual inspection of the building, its services and grounds than that of the Level 1 & 2. Concealed areas normally opened or used by the occupiers are inspected if it is safe to do so (typical examples include roof spaces, basements and cellars). The report objectively describes the construction and condition of the different elements and provides an assessment of the relative importance of the defects/problems as well as the risks associated with not addressing the defects. At this level, the report includes detailed advice about repairs and any ongoing maintenance issues.
What can you expect to be included within your report
A summary of each element
The summary includes an overview of the construction of each element and the current condition.
Recommendations will be given where applicable on how to repair defective elements.
High definition photos
Within each report, HD images are included to help you understand any defects identified within the report.
The RICS Home Survey – Level 3 service includes:
• a thorough inspection of the property (see The inspection below) and
• a detailed report based on the inspection (see The report below).
Our surveyors who provides the RICS Home Survey – Level 3 service aims to give you professional advice to:
• help you make a reasoned and informed decision when purchasing the property, or when planning for repairs, maintenance or upgrading the property
• provide detailed advice on condition
• describe the identifiable risk of potential or hidden defects
• propose the most probable cause(s) of the defects based on the inspection and
• where practicable and agreed, provide an estimate of costs and likely timescale for identified repairs and necessary work.
Discover more with a RICS Level 3 survey
Buying a home is one of the most expensive purchases most of us will make. Getting A RICS Level 3 – Building Survey produced for your new home will help to ensure that the purchase is the right one.
We always recommend getting a professional’s opinion on the condition of any property before committing to a purchase. A RICS Level 3 Building Survey is a small price to pay for peace of mind.